Fish & seafood
Wide and delicious assortment
Launis is a modern supplier of a wide range of fish products. The company is established in 1958 by Laurits Nielsen and his son. From the very beginning the basis assortment was hand peeled prawns in brine. In course of time the assortment has expanded and Launis is today one of the leading companies, dealing with fish specialties of a very high quality:
- Prawns in brine (included cray fish tails, warm water prawns, hand peeled prawns, surimi products)
- Herrings (marinated herring, spiced herring, herring in various sauces)
- Caviar (lumpfish roe, herring roe, salmon roe, capelin roe, trout roe, Cavi-Art)
- Fish pâtées (salmon pâté, fish pâté, shellfish pâté)
- Fish cakes (white fish, white fish with vegetables, cod, salmon)
- Cod roe, pressed (chilled, not fully preserved)
- Hot smoked fish (mackerel, herring, hake, saithe)
The majority of our customers are within the retail– and food service business. Both in the Danish market, but also internationally.
Today the company Launis is represented by the 3rd generation of the family Nielsen.
The factory has a size of 28.000 m2 and is centrally located at the top of Denmark. This gives us an easy access to the ports and the infrastructure.
Our 100 employees are experienced and dedicated and make sure that trust, quality and efficiency go hand in hand.
We have a clear focus on food safety and have our own laboratory and quality department.
IFS & MSC certified
Launis is IFS certified.
We also focus on sustainable seafood. This is why many of our products are MSC certified so that we can ensure access to fish and shell fish in the future also.